|Entry Deadline: June 21
|Final Deadline: June 28
min’s Integrated Marketing Awards salutes the campaigns, ongoing programs and innovative people who’ve raised the bar on magazine marketing programs. Going neck and neck with TV, the Internet and other media for a larger slice of the advertiser pie, magazine people like you recognize the power of offering integrated marketing programs.
But how many b2b and consumer publishers have really unleashed that power, resulting in more ad dollars across their brand? Enter min’s Integrated Marketing Awards and show us your best. In return, we’ll showcase the most outstanding marketing efforts and set a benchmark for what magazines can do for their clients.
Are you ready to enter? It’s simple to compete, as your content and people speak for themselves. But you have to enter to be considered, so don’t let your competitors steal the show. We’ll be honoring the winners in September in New York City.
Who Should Enter?
Any consumer and b2b publishing company and/or person or individual magazine title is eligible to enter. Additionally, advertising agencies and corporations are welcome to enter on behalf of or with their magazine partner. Third-party partners serving the industry can also apply.
Any program or campaign that took place in 2012 is eligible, as well as programs ongoing in 2013. The program must have taken place in part of 2012, but could have been rolled out prior to that year.
- Best App Integration - Creative and effective use of apps to maximize client's media programs.
- Client Promotion Via Facebook - bringing the marketing message to life and engaging users to get the word out using the social platform.
- Contests/Sweepstakes - Interactive, creative approach to reaching out to readers while providing advertisers with out-of-box way to reach key audiences. Top considerations: content and creativity of contest/giveaway and results, including number of entrants and satisfaction of sponsors.
- Custom Publishing Project - A first-class print or electronic project customized for a client or group of clients. Top considerations: content, design, creativity, and client satisfaction.
- Customized Web Site/Microsite - A sponsored section of a magazine site designed to educate an audience on a specific topic. Top considerations: design, sponsorships and advertising placement; depth of site, qualified traffic to section, and effectiveness of marketing efforts.
- Event - A sponsored event or group of events tied to the magazine brand and presented by a magazine publisher. Top considerations: creativity of event, presentation of event, attendance/audience, sponsors’ satisfaction.
- Lead Gen Initiative - You know how to reach out and grab the right folks! Creative use of marketing promotions to secure qualified prospects for sales teams to follow up on.
- Most Creative Use of New Technology - A campaign promoting a magazine brand or sponsor that uses a tool that has been developed within the last 16 months. Top considerations: Clarity of message, creative promotion of both the brand and the technology used, data proving the success of the campaign.
- Multiple Magazine Title Program - A media offering that leverages multiple magazine titles as part of the advertising/sponsorship package. Top considerations: presentation of plan to client; success of media program.
- New Event Program - A sponsored event or group of events tied to the magazine brand and presented by a magazine publisher. Top considerations: creativity of event, presentation of event, attendance/audience, sponsors’ satisfaction.
- Print/Mobile - Advantageous and effective use of print and mobile properties to maximize a client or clients’ media program.
- Print/TV or Radio Bundle - A media program that includes the print product/s and radio advertising/sponsorship.
- Print/Video - Leveraging a publisher's print and broadcast reach for a client/s Top Considerations for all Media Bundles: customization and depth of program, return on investment for advertiser; how effectively the publisher has leveraged the power and reach of their media holdings.
- Print/Web Bundle- Leveraging a publisher's print and broadcast reach for a client/s Top Considerations for all Media Bundles: customization and depth of program, return on investment for advertiser; how effectively the publisher has leveraged the power and reach of their media holdings.
- Retail/Merchandising Tie-in - Magazine brand promotions tied to sales of merchandise from either the magazine or a sponsor. Top considerations: Sales results, creativity of cross-platform promotions, well-defined target audience.
- Social Media Initiative/s - Use of Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms in conjunction with more traditional platforms in a marketing initiative. Top considerations: Number and quality of comments and tweets, measurable results of campaign, novel use of social media to promote a magazine brand and connect audiences.
- Special Advertorial Section - Customized section of magazine/s designed to educate readers and align message with advertisers. Top considerations: editorial quality, outstanding design, the marketing of program and outcome.
- Total Integrated Program - Honoring the most comprehensive integrated marketing programs that capitalize on three or more key areas of the marketing mix to great effect.
- Total Integrated Program for Magazine Launch - Honoring the most comprehensive integrated marketing programs that capitalize on three or more key areas of the marketing mix to great effect for a magazine launch.
- Wow Award - for the most innovative, out of the box integrated marketing campaign or paradigm-shifting marketing idea.
People Categories – Marketing Masters
- Marketer of the Year (VP level or above)
- Marketer of the Year (Manager level)
- Marketing Team of Year
- Magazine/Client Team of the Year
Who are magazine publishing’s best and most influential media buyers and brand marketers? Help us decide by nominating the executives you think should be included in min’s annual Sweet 16 list. This prestigious list is comprised of the industry’s leading media buyers and brand marketers who champion magazine brands. Nominations into the Sweet 16 category are open to all media buyers and brand marketers who fervently support magazine brands.
How To Enter
Compiling Your Entry
Enter as many categories as you like, but please tailor your entry to the category you are entering. For each entry (read further for "people" category entrance rules), please provide a 2- to 3-page synopsis of your campaign or initiative that includes:
*If you attach your synopsis on the entry form, please only do it once. Your Written Entry
- Category Entered
- Title of entry (as it would appear on your award)
- Team members (on campaign) or person who is entering
- Key contact for entry
- Organization submitting entry
- Budget (All budget information is strictly confidential and will not be published w/o expressed permission.)
For Campaign Categories:
Please include a synopsis that describes your campaign, highlighting the following: program goals & objectives, time period of program, target audience-client/s, execution/details, measurement of results, budget, return on investment, creativity, overall results, why your program deserves to win an Integrated Marketing Award.
For People Categories:
Please include a 2- to 3-page synopsis with the following information:
In 150 words or less, why you or the person you're nominating should win this award. In 500 words or less, please cover as much of the following, broken down by criteria:
a) Professional magazine brand-related achievements.
b) Specific campaigns or efforts spearheaded by this
person and related outcomes.
c) Leadership qualities (ability to manage internally,
intra-departmentally and externally).
d) Innovative thinking.
e) Sound judgment.
f) Flexibility, creativity, financial management (where applicable).
Please include supporting materials such as client testimonials, Web sites/urls, print materials and marketing collateral, photographs, and other materials that will help the judges.
Deadline: June 21, 2013 at midnight ET
Late Deadline: June 28, 2013 at midnight ET
Entries submitted after June 21, 2013 will be subject to a $209 late fee per entry. Award winners (including Honorable Mentions) will be notified in mid-July and honored in September in New York City.
The price of each primary entry is $310. If you submit the same entry into multiple categories, the additional fee is $209 per category. There is a late entry surcharge of $209 per entry. Payment in full must accompany the entry. Entry fees are not refundable.
Multiple entries are accepted and encouraged. A single entry can be entered into more than one category. Please follow the "How to Enter" instructions for each category you will be entering.
Contact: Tania Bubiuk at at 203-899-8498; email@example.com .
How are the entries judged?
Our blue-chip panel of judges includes print media buyers, corporate marketers, publishing and marketing consultants and the staff of min.
Who is eligible to win an award?
Any consumer and b2b publishing company and/or person or individual magazine title is eligible to enter.
Where and when will the reception be held?
The winners and honorable mentions will receive their Integrated Marketing Award at an awards event in September in New York City.
How do I increase my chances of winning an award?
Provide succinct summary/synopsis, testimonials and other supporting materials.
When will I be notified about the status of my entry?
You will be contacted by the min staff regarding the status of your entry only if you are named a finalist in the awards program. Finalists are notified 30-60 days in advance of min Awards Event.
Is this awards program affiliated with any industry organizations?
The min Integrated Marketing Awards is an independent competition unaffiliated with any other organization. Your entries are held in strict confidence by the judges and min.
Please contact Assistant Marketing Manager Marly Zimmerman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call for Entries!
Best of the Web & Digital Awards
Entry Deadline: Dec. 5
Most Intriguing Awards Celebration
Dec. 5 | Grand Hyatt, NYC
Get even smarter. Need a quick primer on a media topic? Download a white paper!
Optimizing Your Printer Services - By MRI
Media Insights: minsider Viewpoints from the Front Lines - By min
Want to sponsor a min contest?