|Entry Deadline: December 12, 2012
|Final Deadline: December 19, 2012
min's Best of the Web Awards is the industry's top honor in the digital space, recognizing outstanding Web sites and digital initiatives among consumer and b2b magazines. The Awards will also salute the Digital Media People of the Year along with the Hall of Fame. The awards are presented by media market intelligence leaders, min and min's b2b. The winners and honorable mentions will be honored at an awards breakfast in NYC in April 2013.
Who Should Enter?
This program is open to consumer & b2b magazine publishers and online magazines and in some cases the third party providers and agencies that service those sites.
Eligibility Period for Campaign Categories:
To be eligible, the site, program or campaign must have taken place (either in part or full) over the last 12 calendar months (between December 1, 2011 and December 1, 2012). Some of the work must have occurred during this time, but it's not necessary for it to be completed during the eligibility period. Your campaign/program can still be in progress in 2012 and beyond. Eligibility Period for People Categories: The achievements must have taken place in the past 12 months. Hall of Fame category is over a career with concentration on digital media achievements.
[Back to the Top]
- Advertiser Program/Partnership - Honoring a magazine's outstanding digital advertising/sponsorship programs for its clients, either one particular program or a series of programs that offer advertisers best-in-class marketing opportunities online.
- Blog - Recognizing a magazine-branded blog written by a magazine staffer, this category will honor outstanding blogs that forward the brand's message, drive traffic and audience interest, and exploit the use of these new formats.
- Contest/Online Games - Honoring a websites contests or online games that drive audience interaction and creativity.
- Digital Magazine - Recognizing the best Digital Magazine edition.
- Digital Team of the Year - The Digital Team of the year will be judged on their contributions to their magazine brand's Web initiatives; their creativity, resourcefulness, mastery of digital media and success in the past year executing digital goals.
- Editorial Excellence - Overall - Recognizing overall excellence by a b2b or consumer magazine, based on the publication's mission and/or editorial statement. Includes web-only content as well as content originally published in the magazine, though web-only enhancements will be given particular consideration.
- Editorial Excellence- Special Section- Recognizing excellence of a special website section, based on editorial content.
- Email Newsletter/s - Recognizing superior use of an electronic newsletter to extend the magazine brand onto the email platform.
- Integration with Print - Honoring the best cross-promotion and cross-pollination between print and online products.
- Marketing Campaign - Recognizing an online or offline marketing initiative to promote a Magazine brand's Web site or other online initiative. This category is to recognize outstanding marketing efforts for a Web-related site or initiative. Campaign can include an integrated program that includes marketing of the Web site and other brand-related programs.
- Microsite/Custom Website - Recognizing outstanding online special sections -- sponsored or not -- by a magazine Web site. Judges will consider content, design, positioning of sponsor/s (if applicable) and overall success (traffic and revenue) of this microsite.
- Navigation/Structure - Recognizes the best overall navigation/structure of a website, allowing viewers to easily explore the content of the website.
- New Site - Honoring an outstanding new Web site among magazine brands, judges will base the winning site on editorial, design, navigation, and overall contribution to the community the site serves. Do not enter microsites in this category; this award is for a full-fledged new site.
- Online Community/Social Networking - Saluting a magazine web site for outstanding use of community building online and offering a robust social network online.
- Overall Digital Excellence - Honoring the best use of digital space while promoting your products and services
- Premium Content - Honoring the best content on subscription-based sites or areas of free sites where readers pay for content.
- Redesign - This award recognizes sites that have executed a substantial redesign over the past 12 months. Sites will be judged on the "before" and "after" design and how the new design is meeting stated goals.
- Relaunch - This award recognizes sites that have executed a total overhaul of a site, with added functionality and features, with positive audience reaction.
- Smartphone-Applications-Free app - Honoring the best Smartphone App that is free to users.
- Smartphone-Applications - Paid app - Recognizing the best Smartphone App that is paid for by users.
- Social Media Genius -Individuals who have used social media and blogging to notably expand distribution of content and establish both a media brand and themselves with entirely new audiences.
- Social Media Magazine Marketing Campaign - Use of social media to achieve marketing objectives for your magazine marketing campaigns.
- Tablet App - Free app -Honoring the best Tablet App that is free to users.
- Tablet App - Paid app - Honoring the best Tablet App that is free to users.
- Use of Animation or Motion Graphics- Best use of animation or motion graphics throughout the site to enhance the audience experience.
- Use of Photography - Recognizing the best use of photography throughout the site.
- Use of Social Media - Best and most creative use of social media to drive traffic to your site.
- Use of infographics - Use of infographics to visually communicate complex information.
- Video: Magazine-Branded Show - Magazine-Branded Show: This category is tailored to video programs presented by a magazine or by its staff and offered on a magazine branded web site and/or other sites. The video can be sponsored/have advertising. Please provide link to the show. Judges will look at quality of program, including content and video production, and the reception from the viewing community.
- Video: Overall use of video - This category will take into consideration all video programming on a magazine site, whether it's advertiser video or magazine-branded shows. Provide links to the site and information on each programming, including target audience and viewer statistics.
- Virtual Store - Recognizing a site's effective use of online sales of subscriptions, events and other offerings including magazine-branded merchandise. Additionally, magazine sites that sell partner's products will also be considered.
- Website Design - Recognizing design excellence throughout the entire site.
Digital Hall of Fame:
In addition to the above categories, the editors of min will select a new class of honorees to induct into the Digital Hall of Fame.
[Back to the Top]
How To Enter
How To Enter Campaign Categories: (You can enter online.)
For each entry, provide a 2–3 page synopsis of your campaign that includes:
- Goals & Objectives of Campaign/Initiative
- Budget (all budget information is strictly confidential)
- Time Period of Campaign/Initiative
- Target Audience
- Evaluation of Success/Results/ROI
How to Enter People Categories:
Please include up to a 3 page (not to exceed 2,000 words) summary of the digital media executives achievements related to the category he or she is being entered into. Also include a brief career bio and any supporting materials, such as testimonials, news coverage, etc. Be sure to justify why this person deserves award with tangible examples, ie sales goals met; traffic increase due to improved editorial content, etc.
Information For All Categories:
At the beginning of your 2–3 page synopsis, include the following information for all categories:
- Category entered
- Title of entry
- Key contact for entry
- Organization submitting entry
Supporting Materials For All Categories May Include:
- Direct Web Addresses/URLS
- What sorts of supporting materials are you looking for?
We need a short synopsis of your program or campaign. Please, no more than 3 pages long, and include why you think your site deserves to win in this category and back it up with as much “statistics” and feedback as possible, such as Web usage stats and reader feedback. Point us to the URLs that matter in our judging process, and relevant materials, such as several issues of your email newsletter, or marketing collateral and magazine that demonstrates your integration with print (if you’re entering that category).
- What if we don’t have information on ROI?
We are only looking for this information where applicable. For example, a specific campaign may have an ROI that underscores the success of that campaign. But the judges will not be judging Design, for example, on ROI.
- Who will be judging my entries?
We will have a distinguished panel of outside new media experts and internal judges from our min staff. Your entries will be held in strict confidence.
- Can newspapers or broadcast sites enter?
This program is only open to consumer & b2b magazine publishers and online magazines and in some cases the third party providers and agencies that service those sites.
- Can I enter one site in multiple categories?
Yes. Please be sure to check off which categories you’re entering and tailor your synopsis to each category. There is an additional entry fee for each category you enter.
- When and how will the winners be announced? Finalists will be notified in late January and honored in April during an awards ceremony in New York City.
All entries must be submitted online by Wednesday December 12, 2012. The final deadline is December 19, 2012 at midnight ET.
The price of the primary entry is $300, with each additional entry being $150. For entries postmarked or submitted online between December 13, 2012 and December 19, 2012, please add a $175 late fee per entry. Payment in full must accompany the entry. Entry fees are not refundable.
[Back to the Top]
To sponsor the Best of the Web Awards program, including the breakfast and special issue contact Sponsorship & Exhibits Manager Anna Lawler at email@example.com or 956-462-5590
Please contact Assistant Marketing Manager, Marly Zimmerman at (301) 354-1703 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
[Back to the Top]
Get even smarter. Need a quick primer on a media topic? Download a white paper!
Optimizing Your Printer Services - By MRI
Media Insights: minsider Viewpoints from the Front Lines - By min
Want to sponsor a min contest?